Instructions for Post Operative Care
Office-Based Surgical Procedures:
SOFT PALATE PROCEDURE - Office Uvuloplasty
- Swelling of the uvula (the structure in the midline) may occur anywhere from the first day until one week later. A mild steroid may be prescribed to lessen this possibility.
- Discomfort may be present for about one week; medication will be prescribed in case this occurs.
- A soft diet and cold liquids are recommended for the first few days until a more regular diet is tolerated. Avoidance of citrus is advisable.
- Sleep at a 30-degree angle with your head propped up on a few pillows.
TURBINATE PROCEDURE - Office Based
- Nasal congestion for the first few days is very common. Afrin nasal spray, 2 puffs each nostril, twice a day may be necessary for this time period. A decongestant may also be recommended.
- There may be minimal blood-tinged mucous from the nose.
- Discomfort may be relieved with medication Dr. Setzen has given you.
BOTOX® Cosmetic and Restylane shots to face
- Call Dr. Setzen if any untoward swelling or facial weakness occurs.
Balloon Sinus Dilation (Balloon Sinuplasty) in-office
- There may be minimal congestion post-procedure and minimal nasal bleeding.
- Patient may return to work the next day.
ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE CALL DR. SETZEN.